If your company isn't utilizing email marketing, it's time to step up your game.
Email marketing is often treated like the weird uncle your family has to put up with during the holidays. Marketers frequently think it’s inconvenient or that it doesn’t work, but actually, it’s ranked as the easiest marketing tool to use. How often do you check your own email? Is it currently open in another tab? It definitely is on my computer. My email is open all the time, and I can’t stand having unopened emails.
It turns out that I’m not the only one who feels this way. The average business professional checks his or her email at a minimum of 3 times a day. Actually, "check" is a misleading term. Most professionals are always on their email – it’s just always open and on their computer. Now, how often do you check your Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter pages during the work day? My guess is pretty often, but probably not as often as email. Am I right?
I recently went to the Delivera Lunch and Learn, and was blown away by all the amazing information they provided. I was content with getting free Jimmy Johns, so it was an added bonus to learn email marketing statistics that I had never heard before. Since the marketing industry is always evolving and growing, it’s important for marketers like you and me to stay keen on what’s new.
Here are 15 email marketing statistics every marketing professional needs to know:
- Email and websites are the most effective digital marketing tactics used by more than half of companies (61% and 59% respectively), followed by search engine optimization with 50% (2016).
- The average ROI for every $1 invested in email marketing is $43.
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter.
- Email is the preferred method of commercial communication by 74% of all online adults.
- A message is 5x more likely to be seen in email than via Facebook.
- Nearly a third of retailers indicated that integrating email with other digital channels is a top three email marketing priority for 2016.
- When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%), when compared to social, direct mail, and more.
- 53% of marketers say ongoing, personalized communication with existing customers results in moderate to significant revenue impact.
- Email is almost 40 times better at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter.
- Consumers log in to their personal email accounts 3.8 times per day .
- People who buy products marketed through email spend 138% more than people that do not receive email offers.
- Personalized emails deliver 6x higher transaction rates.
- 40% of retailers do not use consumers’ purchase data and 50% do not use demographic data to improve message relevance.
- 83% of B2B marketers use email newsletters for content marketing .
- 67.45% of online shopping carts are abandoned before the customer completes a sale. Nearly 1/2 of all abandoned cart emails are opened and over 1/3 of clicks lead to purchases back on site.
So, now that you know how important email marketing is to your overall marketing strategy, how do you get started? That’s where we come in. At The Squad, we love to help you grow your business by telling your story – so let’s talk.