The Squad 10 Year Anniversary Open House was a huge success, and we want to thank all those who came out, as well as everyone who sent congratulations over the past month but weren’t able to make it to the open house.
From making new connections to eating burgers hot off the grill to throwing down on the ping pong table, it was a day full of good food, tons of fun, and great fellowship. If you missed it, check out these photos from throughout the day.
The morning crew enjoying donuts and coffee, with a Channel Partner presentation happening in the Large Conference Room.
We even rounded out the day with live music from some of our crew: Jay, Alea, Glenn, and Allison. If you’re a fan of James Taylor, Fire and Rain, you’ll love this this video of them playing/singing it.
In addition to ping pong, Mario Brothers, and live music, we also had an entertaining game of trivia going throughout the day. The challenge was to match each team member with an anonymous random fact – and even our own team had a hard time figuring out the answers.
For all those who participated, without further ado…
The answers to The Squad Team Trivia
- “I have legally changed my first name.” – Michalah
- “One time an octopus wrapped itself around my toe.” – Brooke
- “I’m a huge fan of Agatha Christie Poirot movies.” – Bryce
- “I’ve appeared on two episodes of General Hospital.” – Glenn
- “I have a black belt in taekwondo.” – Josh
- “I swam with a dolphin while on vacation several years ago.” – Sarah
- “I have a signed photo of Adam West.” – Matt
- “I caught a pickpocket in France and made him return the money.” – Alea
- “I have no sense of smell.” – Courtney
- “I was featured in an article in People Magazine.” – Allison
- “Toy Story is my favorite movie.” – Judson
- “I cut my own hair.” – Wayne
- “I’m the only employee to begin as an intern.” – Taylor (though unbeknownst to him, this is in fact not true, Josh also started as an intern)
Many of you asked where various snacks, treats and beverages came from. Just in case you want to patronize any of the local brands, we created an easy list of links for your reference.
The food and drinks at our Open House
- Coffee from: Sunergos, Quills, and Please and Thank You
- Donuts from Nord’s Bakery
- Scones from Scarlet’s Bakery
- Burgers and fresh cut fries from Black Rock Grille
Afternoon Hors d’oeuvre
- Guacamole from Mayan Cafe
- Nashville-style fried chicken from Royals
- Venezulean cheese sticks from Nelson & Nahylas Kitchen
- A veggie tray from Paul’s Fruit Market (gotta keep it healthy at The Squad)
In addition to having these rockin’ eats throughout the day, we also gave away gift cards from three of the restaurants to some of our open house attendees. The winners of the gift cards are:
- Sherry Stumph – Sunergos Coffee gift card
- Rick Hancock – Panera gift card (okay – so we didn’t have Panera but it’s a pretty solid lunch spot nonetheless)
- Stephanie Clements – Mayan Cafe gift card
BIG Thanks to our Channel Partners!
We kicked off the day with a “closer look at The Squad” for our Channel Partners. To all of our Channel Partners who were at that session or stopped by later in the day – Thank you! We appreciate your partnership and we’re excited to see our relationships grow!
We equipped each of our Channel Partners with a kit stocked with items to enable them to share The Squad’s story and capabilities. To those who couldn’t make it, we’ll be delivering the kits! They also have a few tangible treats in them.
SquadTalks – or lack there of…
As we prepped for the Open House, SquadTalks was on the agenda for the day. And our team was gearing up to share exciting information and news about the world of digital marketing, including inbound methodologies, 2018 trends, and what’s happening in the digital ad space. Unfortunately, we were so busy having fun and connecting with people that we totally missed our SquadTalks opportunity.
To make up for it, we’ll be planning future SquadTalk events in the coming months. We promise we’ll invite you out to our place for coffee and talks on the digital marketing info you want to know.
Again, we want to thank all those who came out to our Open House! If you weren’t able to make it, hopefully you’ll have the opportunity to drop by our new office soon.
We are looking forward to another amazing 10 years of serving our wonderful clients, meeting people doing great work in Louisville, and hosting events that draw in the community!